Welcome back after the summer holidays. We hope you have thoroughly enjoyed the break. The aim of this bulletin is to inform you of the areas your child will be learning about this term. Any support with these at home would be great. If you have any queries, please feel free to call in and speak to your child’s class teacher.
Our Topic this term is focussing on the tropical rainforests around the world.
We will be finding out about the:
World’s major rainforests.
- Equator and Tropics.
- Different global climatic zones; describing the climate in the tropics.
- Four layers of the rainforests
- Animals that live in the Rainforest, and how they are suited to their environment.
- Life Cycle of rainforest plants.
Our Computing and ICT skills will focus on:
- Effective Research and Communication
Our Physical Education (PE) unit this term is:
- Invasion Games – Basketball – focussing on ball handling and control
- Dance (through the stimulus of rainforests)
Our Religious Education curriculum focuses on:
- What can we learn from the Muslim way of life?
- Harvest – Promise
- Christmas – Peace
In Music we will look at:
- Improvising and composing music for the rainforests
- Perform an ensemble using a range of different instruments
Please remember to keep your mobile number up-to-date as this will be the easiest way for us to contact parents with any notifications. Check out our class webpages for more information about upcoming events.