Our school's admission policy can be found here.
To apply for a place at Bolsover Church of England Junior School, parents should initially contact the Local Authority (Derbyshire County Council) on 01629 533190 or make an application on their website here:
Derbyshire County Council administers and allocates all school places in this local authority area, subject to the Admissions Criteria for this school.
The Derby Diocesan Academy Trust is the Admissions Authority for the school. All matters relating to admissions have been delegated and are carried out by the Local Governing Body (The Governors) of Bolsover Church of England Junior School on behalf of the Academy Trust.
Our Admissions Policy is to be revised by the Governing Body on 14th March 2018 and will then be uploaded here.
The school's Published Admission Number is 70. When the school is oversubscribed, after the admission of pupils with Statements of Special Educational Needs where the school is named in the Statement, priority for admission will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in order:
1. Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order).
2. Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission.
3. Children living in the normal area served by the school at the time of application and admission.
4. Children not living in the normal area served by the school but who have brothers or sisters attending the school at the time of application and admission.
5. In the case of voluntary controlled church schools, children whose parents request a place on religious grounds.
6. Other children whose parents have requested a place.