- A thematic topic approach that is flexible and adaptable to the meet the needs of our individual pupils alongside the discreet teaching of reading, writing, grammar, spelling and maths.
- Planned opportunities to teach and revisit key skills, knowledge and understanding in order to secure learning and ensure progress.
- An approach which allows for feedback to be provided at the point of learning.
- Memorable experiences to hook and engage our pupils into their learning.
- Thematic topic lessons which begin with a “big start” and end with a “big finish”
- Quality key texts that promote the use and development of rich vocabulary.
- Opportunities to develop oracy skills through a range of exciting speaking and listening challenges.
- Opportunities to develop pupils social and emotional skills
- High quality support and (wherever possible) same day intervention to meet identified needs including pre and post teaching.
- A strong community approach with pupils at the very heart.
Through the teaching of our curriculum, we aim for every child to grow and flourish and leave Bolsover with a strong sense of well-being as well as the knowledge, skills and understanding to help shape the society in which they will live.
Updated: May 2020
Our curriculum is designed using the Cornerstones curriculum which is broken down into the following areas:
More information can be found out about this here.
Please find below our Whole School Curriculum Map (updated May 2020):
Long Term Curriculum Overviews
Heroes vs Villains
Peasants, Princes and Pestilence
Off With Her Head!
Pharaohs & Mummies
How does your garden grow?
Burps, Bottoms & Bile
I Am Warrior!
Road Trip: U.S.A
The Frozen Kingdom
|Autumn 1||Autumn 2||Spring 1||Spring 2||Summer 1||Summer 2|
|Year 3||Tribal Tales||Scrumdiddlyumptious||Tremors||Heroes vs Villains||Flow||Mighty Metals|
|Year 4||Burps, Bottoms & Bile||I Am Warrior!||Blue Abyss||Road Trip U.S.A||Misty Mountains||Powerful Potions|
|Year 5||Peasants, Princes & Pestilence||Stargazers||Off With Her Head!||Beast Creator||
Pharaohs & Mummies
|Where does our garden grow?|
|Year 6||The Frozen Kingdom||Revolution||Blood Heart||Hola Mexico!||Darwin's Delight||Tomorrow's World|
For further information about our school's curriculum, please refer to the individual subject pages under the curriculum tab on our school website.
Alternatively, if you have any further queries, please contact Mr Backhouse (Deputy Headteacher) at school on 01246 822324, or via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.