Horsehead Lane, Derbyshire, S44 6XH.
01246 822324

Virtual Office

Mrs Barlow and Miss Wells are the voice at the other end of the telephone. They will answer all your questions about life at Bolsover Church of England Junior School.

There are lots of reasons you may contact school and various forms you may need to fill in. To make life a little easier, we have placed links to some of the forms on this page.


At school, we may administer medicines that have been prescribed by a doctor. To enable us to administer this, we need parents' permission to do so.


The form below needs to be completed and sent into school with your child's medicine - this needs to be handed into the school office where it will be stored in a cool, safe place and administered by a member of first aid trained staff.


Medicine Permission Letter

Administering Medicine Policy 

Free School Meals & Extra Funding In School For Your Child

A lot of people don't claim free school meals even though they're entitled. That's why Derbyshire County Council has launched a campaign to encourage people to check if they're eligible.

You don't need to worry about other children knowing your child gets free school meals. Only the school and catering staff will know. They don't have to have a school lunch every day, and pupils are still able to bring a packed lunch, however, it will save you money and time by not having to make a lunch!

You could save £400 a year for each child and your children will benefit from a good hot meal at lunchtime.

The school benefits too − we get the pupil premium of £1,300 a year from the government for each child eligible free school meals.  We would, therefore, encourage all parents to apply if you think you may be eligible, even if your child still prefers to bring a packed lunch from home.

This extra funding is then spent on things in school for the children eligible, such as, extra support in class, interventions, subsidised trips and residentials, support with uniform and clubs amongst other things.


Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:


  • Universal Credit
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on


Applying or Checking Your Eligibility

You can sign up for free school meals at any time of year. 


To check your eligibility, or to apply, takes a few minutes and all you need is your National Insurance number and a few contact details. You can do this online through the Derbyshire County Council website here.


You do not have to fill in a separate form for each child, even if they go to different schools. Just name the child and which school they go to.


It really is that easy!

School Updates App

Download our new school updates app to get live news feeds of important information and upcoming events. Use the help sheets below for how to download to your smartphone device.

Help Sheet for iPhone

Help Sheet for Android


At Bolsover Church of England Junior School, we ask that the children all wear uniform.


Change to School Uniform Letter- September 2021


Our uniform will consist of:

  • a white, collared shirt (polo t-shirts are not permitted unless for PE and sports)
  • a navy blue tie (school will give your child/ren their first tie free of charge)
  • a navy blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
  • plain black or grey tailored trousers, skirt or tailored shorts
  • navy blue gingham dresses
  • plain black shoes
  • PE: Plain white polo-t-shirt, black or navy blue shorts, black plimsolls or trainers for indoors and trainers for outdoors



 At school, we sell a range of good quality items with our school logo on. These can be ordered from Mrs Barlow at various times during the school year and the order form returned to school with payment in full.




Click on this link to contact Pinders directly to place your order.


General Absence

If your child is absent due to illness or other circumstances, then you need to contact school on the first day of their absence, before 9am, either via text (07746112830), phone or alternatively using the absence form below.


Exceptional leave of absence

Schools have the discretion to grant leave, but they should only do so in exceptional circumstances. If a headteacher grants a leave request, it will be for them to determine the length of time that the child can be away from school. This leave is unlikely, however, to be granted for the purposes of a family holiday.

Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term time without consent from the school. To find out more click the link.

However, if you wish to apply for exceptional leave of absence then a form must be filled in and returned to school.


Exceptional leave of absence

Max length 120 characters
Max length 120 characters
Max length 120 characters
Max length 120 characters
Max length 120 characters
Max length 120 characters
Max length 500 characters