Horsehead Lane, Derbyshire, S44 6XH.
01246 822324

School Lunch Menu

School lunches currently cost £3.25. 

We have an "opt in" approach where your child can choose to have a school lunch or packed lunch each day.

Please click the link below to take you to the Derbyshire County Council My School Lunch website to access our Family Dining menu for the term. This is sent out via paper copy each term and copies are available from the school office. Any adaptations to the menu will be messaged out via Class Dojo.

My School Lunch


Primary food explorers - Derbyshire Catering Service

Free School Meals

A lot of people don't claim free school meals even though they're entitled. That's why Derbyshire County Council has launched a campaign to encourage people to check if they're eligible.

You don't need to worry about other children knowing your child gets free school meals. Only the school and catering staff will know.

You could save £400 a year for each child and your children could benefit from a good hot meal at lunchtime. The school benefits too − we get the pupil premium of £1,300 a year from the government for each child on free school meals.  We would, therefore, encourage all parents to apply if you think you may be eligible, even if your child still prefers to bring a packed lunch from home.

Your child may be able to get free school meals if you (or the young person themselves, where appropriate) get any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on  (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credit

You will not be eligible if you are claiming Working Tax Credit.


If you want to check your eligibility or apply, then you can do so online through the Derbyshire County Council website here.