Online Safety Links and Policy
At Bolsover Church of England Junior School we are committed to the use of computer technologies and recognise the Internet as a valuable tool for learners of all ages. As you know, the Internet is increasingly used in everyday life and is becoming a focal point of educational content within the United Kingdom - which is incredibly useful. However, we also acknowledge that computers and the Internet do have the potential for inappropriate use and access to undesirable material. As a result, we have a duty of care to protect our pupils, therefore, all pupils using the facilities, including the Internet, as an essential part of the curriculum and to support learning opportunities within the school are taught, through careful and appropriate planning, and consistent reminders about our expectations when accessing the Internet, how to keep themselves self.
There are well publicised concerns regarding access to material on the internet that would be unsuitable for pupils. Whilst it is impossible to ensure that a pupils will not access such material, the school is taking all reasonable steps to minimise a pupils access to unsuitable material. These include:
· Use of a filtered Internet Service to prevent access to internet sites with undesirable material.
· The requirement that wherever possible, all Internet access during school hours will be supervised by a member of staff or another responsible adult.
Here are our top tips to support your child at home:
- Set boundaries.
- Set privacy settings on all devices your child/children have access to.
- Be up to date with current applications (apps) and possibilities.
- Watch 'thinkuknow' with your child and discuss the video afterwards.
- Read the 'Digital Parenting' magazine provided by the school - available at the office.
Support and information websites
Childnet resources and websites:
UK safer Internet Centre: www.saferinternet.org.uk/parents
Information and tools for parents and carers:
Where to report:
Please read our E-Safety Policy for more information.